Thursday, February 7, 2013

Special Collections

I do not believe I could use the Special Collections for my research topic. I may be able to find some articles and such on Sociology, but I do not think it will be of great help. I do believe however it will help my with my Survey of World History 2 class. We have already had to look into some primary sources for different papers and projects and such. I will definitely be checking out Special Collections for my final research paper in that class. I think Special Collections is a very important part of research. It gives students such an inside look into what ever their topic is for their paper. We can look into people at that certain time period and read or listen to their view points unlike just reading a book on that time. Primary sources are excellent to have while writing a research paper.

2 comments:

  1. I do not know much about the topic of Sociology, but you never know what special collections have to offer until you check it out! As for the Survey of World History II class, I agree that special collections would really be useful because I had that class last semester and I wish that I would have known more about it so I could have taken advantage of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katelynn, my name is Glenda. I love your pretty background of flowers. I love the fact you love history. It is a very interesting subject. Good luck in doing your research. I will be looking for you in class so at least I can say hello to you. I agree with you that Special Collections is a great way to find information you never thought about before. I wish I had known about Special Collections before now because I probably could have used the information in some of my other classes.
    Reply

    ReplyDelete